Practice UGC NET Mock Test 2019: Latest mock question papers for free
We have completely updated free mock tests for CBSE UGC NET exams. You can practice UGC NET exams as many times as you wish and review UGC question papers.
CBSE UGC-NET (National Eligibility Test): Exam FAQs
Are you keen to pursue a career in your Postgraduate subject? If so, then National Eligibility Test (CBSE NET) exam is the right entrance for you. There are great career opportunities for UGC-NET qualified candidates. Below we have listed some of the frequently asked questions regarding UGC exams.
- What are the available career options after passing UGC-NET exam?
- All the candidates who successfully qualify in the National Eligibility Test (CBSE NET) exam are considered eligible to apply for faculty job posts in various educational institutions across India. UGC has also proclaimed acceptance of NET qualified candidates to be eligible for attractive jobs in India owned Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
- What is the purpose of organising CBSE-NET exam?
- The main motive of conducting UGC-NET exam is to provide excellent career choices in lectureship profession and create research opportunities for the competent candidates.
- What are UGC Scholarships?
- University Grants Commission (UGC) provides attractive education scholarship as an award to candidates who qualify in Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Exam to pursue their doctoral studies.
- Will the facility of compensatory time be given to all PWD examinees?
- Yes, applicants belonging to PWD category will be eligible for the compensatory (extra) time of 30 minutes for Paper I and Paper II. For Paper III, compensatory time will be 45 minutes.
- How tough is the UGC NET exam?
- National Eligibility Test (NET) is organized in more than 90 cities all over India. Many students appear in CBSE-NET exam so competition level is intense. But with proper planning and by covering full syllabus with in-depth understanding of the subject, one can clear UGC NET exam without much difficulty.
- Is there any negative marking in UGC-NET exam?
- No, UGC has officially announced that there will be no penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong attemps in the objective exam.
- When are NET exams conducted?
- Usually, NET exams are held twice a year in the months of July and December; however, CBSE has asked HRD ministry to conduct the exams only once a year.
- Is their any minimum educational qualification required to appear in NET exams?
- Yes, one must have a Master's degree with minimum 55% marks (50% for non general community candidates) to take CBSE-NET exam.
- What is the age limit to apply for UGC-NET exam?
- The age of candidate applying for JRF post must not be more than 28 years as per the notification; however, for Assistant Professor post, their is no such upper age limit.
How to register for CBSE UGC-NET exam?
- Go to the login page here: click here
- Fill the application form carefully
- Upload Scanned copy of your photograph and signature
- Pay the registration fee
- Take printout of confirmation page
How to prepare for the CBSE National Eligibility Test (NET) exam?
The fundamental aim of organising NET exam is to discover the qualification for college lecturers and other academic faculties and furthermore to grant research fellowships to the Indian candidates. The exam is directed to guarantee least norms for the newbies in training levels. At the point when applicants qualify NET they land attractive positions in PSU's.
UGC-NET Exam Pattern
||No. of Questions
Tips for UGC NET exam preparation
There are a couple of tips which can improve your preparation and help you in passing NET exam effectively.
- You should know about the exam pattern in detail.
- Paper 1 is of general nature, seeking research bent of the candidate, perception, thinking capacity and unique reasoning ability of the competitor.
- Use the exam syllabus as a reference and refer to it frequently.
- Distribute adequate time for each subject and begin getting ready by taking relevant notes.
- Gather earlier years papers and experience them so you think about NET paper.
- Try to collect good books (ensured by UGC) so you can master the fundamentals.
- Ensure you have profound information in the subject you picked. Go through previous years papers and take UGC-NET mock tests.
- There is no negative marking involved in the NET examination so try to attempt maximum number of allowed questions.
These are a couple of insights and planning tips that competitors can follow to prepare well for NET exams.
Higher education occupies an important place in Indian society and emphasizes on the need for establishing standard educational institutions. University Grants Commission (UGC) encourages quality teaching and training by recommending upgrades and expansions that may be alluring to suit the desires of the nation. The organisation recommends creating a properly segmented action plan for betterment of Indian education system. UGC supports native education and executes accurate formulation development of a lucid strategy of education.
All cases relating to different institutions of higher education are alluded to UGC. It is a statutory body for the assurance and support of guidelines of college training in India. Keeping in mind the end goal to guarantee viable locale scope throughout the nation, the association has established its operating centers in different cities. The commission performs duties of providing assets and that of assurance and support of models in foundations of advanced education with following mandates.
- Advancing and organizing college training.
- Determining and maintaining standards of teaching, examination and research in universities.
- Deciding and keeping up guidelines of educating, conducting examinations and promoting research activities in colleges.
- Framing regulations on minimum standards of education.
- Formulating controls on minimal measures of instruction.
- Observing advancements in the domain of university and college training; dispensing awards to the colleges.
- Providing suggestions to the concerned administrative authorities on the measures essential for development of college training.