Free Online Mock Test for UGC NET English exam
Prepare for UGC English examination with our free mock test.
What do you get?
- Real Time NET English Preparation experience
- 20 Free Practice Questions & Solutions
- Performance Score Card Analytics
- Tips & Resources To Improve Your Ranking
- What is UGC NET English exam?
- CBSE conducts National Eligibility Test English examination on behalf of UGC. Qualified candidates are considered eligible to apply for English faculty jobs in Indian educational institutions.
- Do I have to pay for this mock test?
- No, this UGC NET English mock test is absolutely free.
- How to register for UGC English exam?
- Click here to register online for NET English examination.
How to prepare for the UGC NET - English?
- Know your exam format: If you really want to succeed in UGC National Eligibility Test (English) exam then prepare according to the latest exam pattern. Before starting the preparation, let us know the pattern of this test. As you may know, there are three papers in the UGC English examination. The subject of paper 1 is (teaching and research). The rest of the remaining papers (1 & 2) are on English Literature. Here are some tips below, you will find a basic idea about preparing for the UGC English Literature exam by reading them.
- Carefully study the syllabus. This will make you aware of the NET English curriculum so that you may study well; have your preparation on track and be able complete the entire UGC Net - English syllabus in time. You can refer to the previous year NET English exam papers to get an insight of the exam pattern.
- Compilation of good books: Read quality UGC English study materials based on latest exam pattern. Also it will be good for you to consult basic books first. lengthy books might prove beneficial for leveraging your subject knowledge but not when you are concerned about shortage of time because the UGC English syllabus is extremely vast.
- Prepare for paper 1 first: It will be logical if you start your preparation with paper 1 and then go for paper 2 and 3.
- Revision: This is the most important part of your preparation because their is no benefit of studying hard if you can't remember what's important for the exam.
UGC NET - English Curriculum Evaluation
Here an attempt is being made to evaluate UGC NET English examination which has a very important place in the world of lectureship in English language. The popularity of this exam is revealed by the fact that every year, a huge number of students appear in the National Eligibility Test (NET) English, to try their luck. Passing this examination proves that you know the subject matter well and you have good command of English language in terms of reading, writing, listening and speaking. Here are some tips that can improve your skills even more.
- Reading: While reading, you should try to underline important facts in your study material; use dictionary as reference and also take short notes if needed.
- Listening: Many students do not pay much attention on improving their listening skill. But its importance in the NET English exam can not be denied. So don't take it lightly and take some steps to improve it so that you can easily interpret messages in the communication process. To begin with, you can simply practice taking notes while listening to the classroom lectures. This will gradually start developing effective listening skills.
- Writing: The art of expressing your thinking in words is of great importance. Before writing on any topic, you have to point out the important facts related to that topic. Before you start writing, you should point out the important facts related to that topic. This will make it easy to write about those facts in a more detailed manner. It will also bring more maturity in your writing skill. Always try to make your answer accurate and to the point and never try to extend your answer when not needed.
- Speaking: It is an act of conveying information so, be precise with what you are speaking about. Try to improve and expand your vocabulary and focus on pronunciation and gradually your oral skill will start improving.