Free Online Mock Test for UGC NET History Exam
Prepare for NET History examination with our free mock test.
What do you get?
- Real Time NET History Preparation experience
- 20 Free Practice Questions & Solutions
- Performance Score Card Analytics
- Tips & Resources To Improve Your Ranking
UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) History
NET History Exam FAQs
- What is UGC NET History exam?
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the National Eligibility Test (NET) History examination on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). Qualified candidates are considered eligible to apply for History faculty jobs in Indian educational institutions.
- Do I have to pay for this mock test?
- No, this NET History mock test is absolutely free.
- Is their negative marking in NET History?
- Yes, 25% marks is deducted for each wrong attempt.
National Eligibility Test (NET) History Examination Pattern
This UGC NET exam is divided into two parts (i.e) Part I and Part II. You need to qualify in both papers to pass the UGC NET History exam.
- Paper I: It consists of 50 questions from UGC NET teaching & research aptitude exam (general paper), which you have to attempt in 1 hour.
- Paper II: The UGC History exam paper will have 100 questions and the total duration will be two hours. Each question carries 2 marks, so the exam will be worth 200 marks. Read below to know the pattern of NET History examination (part II).
|Marks per question
UGC NET History Preparation Tips
- Previous years question papers: Solve questions from previous years NET History exam papers. It will help you in understanding the UGC NET History examination pattern.
- Practice mock tests: Practice online UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) History mock tests. It will give you a real experience of NET History exam and will improve your speed and accuracy.
- Create a study plan: A planned study-routine helps you achieve the desired score results in UGC NET History paper and help you become a better test taker.
- UGC NET History Syllabus: Click here to get the full syllabus of UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) History in PDF format from the official website of the University Grants Commission (UGC). We have also provided the list of major topics in the table given below:
NET History Exam Syllabus
|Unit - I
||Concepts, Ideas and Terms
|Unit - II
||Ancient Indian History: Sources, Pre-history and Proto-history, Vedic period, Period of Mahajanapadas, Mauryan period, Post-Mauryan period, Early state and society, Imperial Guptas, Regional states of India.
|Unit - III
||Medieval Indian History: Sources, Political developments, Administration, Economic Aspects, Socio-religious Movements, Society, Cultural life.
|Unit - IV
||Modern Indian History: Sources and Historiography, Rise of British power, Administration of the Company and the Crown, Economic History, Indian Society in transition, National movement, India after independence (1947 - 1684), World History, Research in History.