The textbook, "The Pearson Guide to the CLAT", published by Pearson Education India, is a recommended guide for aspirants of upcoming Common Law Aptitude Test (CLAT) / L.L.B. entrance examinations.
The second edition of this book released by the Pearson publication incorporates new parts on Analytical Reasoning, General Studies and Fact, Inference and Judgment (FIJ) alongside entire overhauled and updates current affairs, comprehension, and so on. The updated area on 'General Studies' presents the idea of 'Did you know? This portion will give aspirants an additional edge while planning for CLAT as questions asked in the CLAT examinations are sometimes non-ordinary and unconventional.
The book additionally incorporates questions from past year exam papers of Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) and All India Law Entrance Test (AILET), these will help aspirants to practice different types questions as per the difficulty levels.
About the author:This workbook - "The Pearson Guide to the CLAT", is published by Pearson Education India. The author of this book is Harsh Gagrani. He is an alum from National Law Institute University, Bhopal and is the Founder-Director of a law entrance preparation organization based presently out of Bhopal, Gwalior and Patna. At 26, he is one of the most youthful 'Current Affairs' and 'Critical Reasoning' educators in central India. Harsh Gagrani has additionally composed a book on Current Affairs. An enthusiastic quiz master, he conducts quizzes both online and offline.
Important features of the book
- Over 10,000 MCQs with large amount of examples and a lot of quick tricks
- Over 2,000 specific MCQs on Current Affairs
- Contains questions from the previous years' LSAT, AILET and LET Examinations
- New chapters on many important subjects like General Studies, Inference and Judgement and analytical reasoning
- It gives you an edge in the exam and helps you score good marks
- New section on 'General Studies' which gives you an insight into the new concept of 'Did you know?
- It also introduces you to many extra questions for CLAT questions
- All in one book to know the entire pattern of the exam
- Revised sections and a lot of helpful strategies to help you prepare better
- Based on the latest pattern and syllabus of CLAT / L.L.B. entrance exams
- Solved question papers of previous years CLAT / L.L.B. exams
- Colection of questions with answer keys and relevant explanations
Below we have listed the contents of the book - "The Pearson Guide to the CLAT".
Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - Preliminary Tests
- Understanding CLAT
- How to use this book?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Part 3 - English
- Preliminary tests - An introduction
- Preliminary tests - 1 (CLAT Pattern)
- Preliminary tests - 2 (AILET Pattern)
- Preliminary tests - 3 (SET Pattern)
- Answer Key
Part 4 - Mathematics
- Reading comprehension - An in introduction
- How to improve your reading speed?
- Synonyms, Antonyms and Homonyms
- Idioms and phrases
- Odd one out
- Passage completion
- Spotting the errors
- Sentence completion
- One word substitutions
- Sequencing of sentences
- Vocabulary list
- How to improve vocabulary?
Part 7 - General Studies
- Ratio and proportion
- Simple interest / compound interest
- Time and work / pipes and cisterns
- Speed and distance
- Number system
- HCF / LCM
- Profit, loss and discount
- Square roots and cube roots
- Part 5 - Logical Reasoning
- Critical reasoning
- Analytical reasoning
- Part 6 - Legal Reasoning / Aptitude
- Legal reasoning aptitude
- practice questions
- Important legal terms and concepts
- Important legal maxims
- Summary of key Laws
- Leading case laws
- The constitution and Indian Polity talent
- Key differences between important concepts
Part 8 - Current Affairs
- General Studies - I
- General Studies - II
- General Studies - Question Bank
Part 9 - Solved Papers
- How to prepare for current affairs?
- Part A - Timeline
- Part B - Current affairs questions
Part 10 - Before the CLAT
- CLAT 2011
- CLAT 2012
- CLAT 2013
- CLAT 2014
- AILET 2014
- One year before CLAT
- One month before CLAT
- One day before CLAT