IIBF Retail Banking : (JAIIB / CAIIB) Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Are you searching for the syllabus of IIBF certification (Retail Banking) Exam? Here you will get the latest syllabus for the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) examination. It will surely help you in the effective preparation of Retail Banking exam. This exam will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF). The syllabus given below is based on the latest pattern of the IIBF (JAIIB / CAIIB) curriculum. We suggest you to check our free online mock tests for IIBF examinations.
We have listed some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs), asked by the candidates, so that you can get a basic idea of IIBF (Retail Banking) exam pattern.
Recommended IIBF Retail Banking: Free mock test
IIBF Retail Banking : Syllabus
- Module A : Retail Banking
- Module B : Retail Products
- Module C : Marketing in Retail Banking
- Module D : Other Issues of Retail Bank
IIBF Retail Banking : Detailed Syllabus
Given below is the list of topics which covers the course syllabus.
Module A : Retail Banking
- History and definition
- Role within the bank operations
- Applicability of
- Retailing concepts distinction between Retail and Corporate / Wholesale Banking
Module B : Retail Products
- Retail Products Overview - Customer requirements, Products development process, Liabilities and Assets Products / Description of Liability products, Description of Asset Products, Approval process for retail loans, Credit scoring.
- Important Asset Products:
- Home Loans
- Auto / Vehicle Loans
- Educational Loans
- Credit / Debit Cards - Credit Vs Debit Cards, Eligibility, Purpose, Amounts, Margin, Security, Process of using the cards, Billing Cycle, Credit Points.
- Other Products / Remittances / Funds Transfer
- Loan - Eligibility, Purpose, Amounts, Margin, Security, Disbursement, Moratorium, Prepayment issues, Repayments / Collection.
Module C : Marketing in Retail Banking
- Retail Strategies:
- Tie-up with Institutions for Personal loans / Credit cards / Educational loans, with OEMs / Authorised Dealers for Auto / Vehicle loans, and with Builders / Developers for Home loans Delivery Channels - Branch, Extension counters, ATMs, POS, Internet Banking, M-Banking. Selling Process in retail products-Direct Selling Agents.
- Customer Relationship Management: Role and impact of customer relationship management, Stages in customer relationship management process.
- Regulations and compliance
- Technology for Retail Banking: Static information, Account opening, basic loan origination data etc. Updated information like income details at different frequencies. Transaction information from disbursement till final settlement of the loan amount. Analytics / Alerts.
- Accounting entries: Loan process and the relevant accounting including EMI Computation.
Module D : Other Issues of Retail Bank
- Securitisation, mortgage based securities.
- Trends in retailing - New products like Insurance, Demat services, online / Phone Banking, Property services, Investment advisory / Wealth management, Reverse Mortgage - Growth of e-banking, Cross selling opportunities.
- Recovery of Retail Loans - Defaults, Rescheduling, recovery process.
- SARAFAESI Act, DRT Act, use of Lok Adalat forum. Recovery Agents - RBI guidelines.
IIBF Retail Banking: Exam Pattern (FAQs)
- Is it mandatory to qualify IIBF (Retail Banking)?
- Yes, it is necessary for all aspirants to pass this IIBF certification exam.
- How many questions will be their in exam?
- Their will be approximately 120 questions.
- How many marks will the Retail Banking section of the IIBF exam be?
- It will be worth 110 marks
- What is the time allocated for (JAIIB / CAIIB) examination?
- 120 minutes (2 Hours)
- What type of questions are asked in IIBF Retail Banking exam?
- It contains questions of objective nature: multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- What is the negative marking scheme?
- There will be no negative marking.
- What is the medium of IIBF examination?
- English or Hindi.
Note You can also download the IIBF certification exam (Retail Banking) syllabus in PDF format provided by IIBF.