Are you searching for the syllabus of CLAT (General Knowledge and Current Affairs)? Here you will get the latest syllabus for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) exam. It will surely help you in the effective preparation of General Awareness section of CLAT. CLAT exam will be conducted by various autonomous law schools in India. The syllabus given below is based on the latest pattern of the Common law Admission Test (CLAT) - General Awareness curriculum. We suggest you to check our free online mock tests for CLAT examinations.
We have listed some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs), asked by the CLAT (General Knowledge) candidates, so that you can get a basic idea of CLAT (General Knowledge) exam pattern.
Recommended CLAT General Knowledge : Free mock test
CLAT General Knowledge : Syllabus
Given below is the list of some of the important topics pertaining to the syllabus of CLAT (General Knowledge).
- Indian Polity
- Indian History
- Facts Knowledge India
- Physical Geography
- Facts Knowledge World
- Books and Authors
- Famous Persons
- Latest Abbreviations
- Everyday Science
- Indian Culture
- Economic & Current Topics
CLAT Current Affairs : Syllabus
Given below is the list of some of the important topics pertaining to the syllabus of CLAT (Current Affairs).
- State in News
- Science and Technology
CLAT General Knowledge & Current Affairs : Preparation Tips
General Knowledge and Current Affairs, both of these topics set up a quarter of the CLAT exam (in terms of marks allotted). A total of 50 questions are asked from these topics, which are worth 1 mark each. So these sections comprises of a total of 50 marks. If you prepare well at these sections, then getting a good score in your CLAT exam can become easy.
You will be happy to know that even if the number of questions is 50 but it takes comparatively lesser time to answer to these questions. If you prepare better and practice well then you can attempt all the questions in 10 to 15 minutes. Below we provide you some general preparation tips:
- For General Knowledge: Study NCERT books from class 6 - 10 to cover the syllabus of Indian - History, Polity, Geography, etc.
- For current affairs: Read Newspapers and Magazines regularly: Skip editorial section. You can also download monthly PDFs available on many websites.
- Quality study material: Refer books published by - NCERT / NIOS. For point-wise preparation you can also read Lucent's GK book.
- Always remember - you don't have to rote learn the whole study material but the important topics.
- Always take notes: It will be very helpful for last minute revision.
CLAT General Knowledge: Exam Pattern (FAQs)
- Is it mandatory to qualify CLAT (GK & Current Affairs)?
- Yes, it is necessary for all CLAT aspirants to pass the General Knowledge & Current Affairs section of CLAT exam.
- How many questions will be their in CLAT (general awareness) section?
- Their will be a total of 50 questions in the General awareness section of CLAT examination.
- How many marks will the (GK & Current Affairs) section of the CLAT exam be?
- It will be worth 50 marks
- What type of questions are asked in CLAT GK exam?
- It contains questions of objective nature: multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- What are the most important topics for CLAT (General Awareness)?
- According to the latest syllabus of CLAT (General Knowledge), some of the very important topics are: Comprehension passages and grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in the Blanks, Correcting sentences, etc.
- What is the negative marking scheme of CLAT (GK & Current Affairs)?
- For MCQs which are each of 1 mark, one-forth mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. So it means that every incorrect answer in CLAT (General Knowledge) section will fetch you a negative (-) 0.25 mark.
Note You can also read the CLAT (General Awareness) syllabus from the official website