ACCUPLACER Test Exam FAQs 2022
Accuplacer Exam Overview
- What is the Accuplacer test?
- Accuplacer test is an academic examination. It is conducted for admission of students into various college courses.
- What is the mode of the Accuplacer exam?
- It is a computer-based test (CBT).
- What is the Accuplacer test used for?
- The test is conducted to access student skills in mathematics, reading, and writing.
- Is the Accuplacer test hard?
- With strong problem-solving skills, you can ace this test without much difficulty.
Accuplacer Exam Format
- What type of questions are asked in the Accuplacer exams?
- Objective type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- What subjects are on the Accuplacer test?
- Arithmetic, College Level Math, Elementary Algebra, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills; and WritePlacer (Essay writing).
- What is the ideal time to complete this test?
- With good time management, it will take you approximately 90 minutes to complete the test.
- What is the level of Accuplacer test questions?
- It is not fixed. The difficulty level of questions that appear in the Accuplacer test will increase if you start selecting more right answers.
Accuplacer Test Score
- What does my Accuplacer score mean?
- Your Accuplacer score determines your readiness to take college-level classes in key subjects.
- How is the Accuplacer score calculated?
- It is based on a scaled scoring system.
- What is the score range for the classic Accuplacer tests?
- 20 to 120.
- What is the score range for the Next Generation Accuplacer tests?
- 200 to 300 point range.
- What are the score range of the WritePlacer and ESL Writing Accuplacer tests?
- 1 to 8.
- What is the lowest and highest possible Accuplacer score?
- Lowest score = 20; Highest possible score = 120.
Accuplacer Test Registration
- Can I take the Accuplacer test online at home?
- No, you can't take the actual test at home, however, for practice purpose, you can take online tests on the official website of Accuplacer.
- How to apply for the Accuplacer test?
- You can register online at the official website of Accuplacer - www.Accuplacer.org.
- How much does the Accuplacer test cost?
- $15 to $50.
- Can I retake the Accuplacer test?
- Yes, but in that case, you will have to pay a flat fee of $10.
- How many times can I take the Accuplacer test?
- In the one-year period, you can take the Accuplacer test up to 3 to 4 times.
- When will I get to know my Accuplacer test result?
- You can get your result immediately after completing the test.